VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) or IP-telephony is voice communication over the Internet (in contrast to traditional telephone communication, which takes place via telephone lines or a mobile / 4G network).
At the moment, the main purpose of IP-telephony is cheap or free long-distance and international calls. To make these calls you need to use the services of one of the providers of IP-telephony and you can make calls from a computer, IP-phone or a regular phone.
However, the main benefit of VoIP for business is the ability to build more efficient corporate communications systems with various voice services. The effectiveness of such systems (compared with traditional) is as follows:
- simpler and cheaper implementation (because VoIP systems are built on the basis of the existing intranet network)
- free voice communication within the company (even with a geographically distributed business structure)
- the ability to access all communication capabilities at home and on business trips (via the Internet)
- the ability to integrate voice services into business applications and business processes
- advanced features for call recording and statistics
for the implementation of enterprise VoIP communications systems are IP-PBX and unified system ommunikatsy
More info @ Best voip provider